SOMEONE PUT THESE BY THE STAIRS AT MY SCHOOL
1. Don’t think that being published will make you happy. It will for four weeks, if you are lucky. Then it’s the same old fucking shit.
2. Hemingway was fucking wrong. You shouldn’t write drunk. (See my third novel for details.)
3. Hemingway was also right. ‘The first draft of everything is shit.’
4. Never ask a publisher or agent what they are looking for. The best ones, if they are honest, don’t have a fucking clue, because the best books are the ones that seemingly come from nowhere.
5. In five years time the semi-colon is going to be nothing more than a fucking wink.
6. In five years time every fucking person on Twitter will be a writer.
7. Ignore the fucking snobs. Write that space zombie sex opera. Just give it some fucking soul.
8. If it’s not worth fucking reading, it’s not worth fucking writing. If it doesn’t make people laugh or cry or blow their fucking minds then why bother?
9. Don’t be the next Stephen King or the next Zadie Smith or the next Neil Gaiman or the next Jonathan Safran fucking Foer. Be the next fucking you.
10. Stories are fucking easy. PLOT OF EVERY BOOK EVER: Someone is looking for something. COMMERCIAL VERSION: They find it. LITERARY VERSION: They don’t find it. (That’s fucking it.)
11. No-one knows anything. Especially fucking me. Except:
12. Don’t kill off the fucking dog.
13. Oh, yeah, and lastly: write whatever you fucking want."
i’m sorry but this comic my dad just e-mailed me
my grandfather and my great aunt both spoke 6 languages fluently and I remember hearing them have a conversation and they would switch languages mid sentence because what they were describing could be more succinctly said in a different language and that’s so cool if I want to express that something is really great I will say the word hella before an adjective
occupation: the family disappointment
the family disappointment
WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT LUPITA’S PHOTOBOMB OMFG
I want to visit America one day.
I do not own the pictures or Jack Barakat.
can i own jack barakat
✌️ | via Tumblr on We Heart It
Signal boosting in case anyone needed to know this.
This is informative as heck. Show this to everyone!
This is actually some great info! Why can’t they teach this kind of thing in school??
Wow, I’ve taken health and sex ed three times during my educational process and never learned any of this. Thanks.
Definitely some important information here!
this is supa awesome. i do think it should be noted that side effects of EC *really* vary. when I took EC I didn’t have any symptoms whatsoever.
YOU MIGHT GET MARRIED ONE DAY AND GET TO LIVE WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND AND DECORATE YOUR HOME WITH THEM AND DO EVERYTHING TOGETHER LIKE WATCH LATE NIGHT INFORMERCIALS JUST BECAUSE AND SEE THEIR SLEEPY FACE WHEN THEY WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND HAVE A SECRET HANDSHAKE AND BE REALLY WEIRD WITH THEM AND THEY’LL STILL LOVE YOU NO MATTER WHAT AND IF THE POSSIBILITY OF ALL OF THAT DOESN’T MAKE YOU SMILE IDK WHAT WILL